Tabletop FAQ/Rules

Tabletop stuff goes here.

Tabletop FAQ/Rules

Postby delcera » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:36 pm

Hokay people. We've got us a shiny new Tabletop subforum for all your pen-and-papery needs!

Couple rules before we get started answering questions: keep your hands and feet inside the car at all times, remove all personal items that could be dropped, and don't be a douche to your fellow tabletoppers. We're all here to have fun, after all. However, when conflict inevitably arises, the GM is the arbiter of IC conflicts. What he says goes. However, if you think your GM resolved a conflict unfairly, talk to 'em and see if you can work things out. If you and your GM end up with irreconcilable differences, talk to a Staff member. Staff will listen to both sides' arguments, examine the situation, and then give a ruling. This ruling is final. However, we highly doubt it'll have to come to this, because you all are a bunch of reasonable human beings.

Now then, with that out of the way, let's get to the nitty-gritty of the FAQ.

1) How do I roll rolls?

That's a good question; there's lots of software out there to do it. You can use the numerous dice rollers found on a quick Google search, or you can use the rand() on the MUSH by typing +rollX where X is the sides of the die you want to roll. To roll more than one die, type the command multiple times! See, it's not that hard.

2) How do I make a character?

There's lots of ways to do this! http://pathguy.com/PathfinderCore.htm is a helpful utility, if a little bit limited. PCGen allows much more customization, but if you plan to use it you should talk to your GM about which sources you should draw from (there's a lot of them).

3) Okay, I made my character. Where do I put the sheet?

If your GM is using PCGen, you can simply export your character file, send it to the GM through your preferred means (email, attachments to forum posts, a station wagon full of hard drives, you name it). If your GM isn't using PCGen, then you can go to http://myth-weavers.com and make a sheet there. Then you just have to toss a link to your GM and bada-bing bada-boom, your GM's got your sheet.
My Wellingtons are swift and merciless.
delcera

Return to Tabletop Stuff