IC Misadventures (and Alternate Method of RP)

IC stuff (scenes) go here.

IC Misadventures (and Alternate Method of RP)

Postby Ford Benett » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:15 am

So, as most of you may be aware, I have a habit of getting into situations that I probably have very little business getting into ICly. *coughcough*NA*coughcough*

...sorry, must have a frog in my throat.

That being said, I would also like to take a shot at GM'ing a bit more to keep things rolling nice and smoothly. I know some of you are already familiar with my IC sister... and dad... and my former employers... yeah... POINT IS! I try to keep Ford as flexible and neutral as possible to give the baddies a relatively good guy to chase after and the goodies a relatively agrivating pain in the ass to chase after. Again, I apologize that he has recently been sorta stuck and unable to do that *coughcough*NAagain*coughcough*

Sorry, frog's back. I think he brought a friend.

Anyways, he's back in action, well, as much as one can be, given his tendencies... but my point for this montage of mundane humor is that if you have any ideas for a scene that you'd like to see run, but not sure where to start, throw them out here. I'm sure I can conjure something up. I AM amazing like that, after all!

Also, since we have a forum, one gifted with a fantastic section devoted entirely to IC nonsense, a thought crossed my mind to give forum RP a try. Now, as a man who's had about as much experience with this subject as I do with fixing toaster ovens or circuit breakers (that is to say, none), I am unsure of how it would roll; I know a few of you are more versed in this art than I and gladly welcome suggestions on it. Given our conflicting schedules, it may ease the troubles of meeting up online at the same time, though slow scenes down to span over days on end.

Whatever, I throw the notion to my cuddly pack of wolves to see what they think, if they have any ideas on it, if it sounds about as good an idea as waking up a bear with a trombone or it may actually have the chance of wheezing it's way to the light of day. I'm not totally attached to the idea, so feel free to tear it up and get down and dirty with it. I like down and dirty, actually... s'kinda hot... hmmmm...

ANYWAYS! Let me know what you all think. I'll just be sitting here spamming the F5 button while I wait to hear what the humbled masses clamour for!
I don't actually do anything, I just sorta... happen.
Ford Benett

Re: IC Misadventures (and Alternate Method of RP)

Postby Observer » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:02 pm

I wouldn't mind taking a shot at this, if no one minds. It's about all I can do anymore... n_n;

Though, I wouldn't be able to be anyone I've ever been before.
Observer

Postby Ford Benett » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:37 pm

Why's that? We can improvise, work around. We're flexible.

Oh, are we ever so flexible. ;) *brick'd*
I don't actually do anything, I just sorta... happen.
Ford Benett

Postby QuantumHyena » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:07 am

Quantum hefts another brick just in case.

Definitely count me in for this. I tend to get half-baked RP ideas more than fully baked ones anyway. And I think it's safe to say once that bridge scene is over Edge (and probably Scanner) are going to be on Ford's hide promptly again, with returning interference from the aforementioned family (Edge does plan to find his sister again, he's not done with her).

I think I'll toss my hat in on the GMing side as well but a bit more specifically, or rather Janus will. His subordinates are finally fleshed out into a coherent organization so anyone wanting to mess with gang level organized crime and a secret maverick network are welcome to hit him up for that. His domain de jure includes recruiting (or "convincing") fresh mavericks, usually civilians, making humans in red light districts into murder mysteries, putting down locals that gets in his way (criminal or law enforcement), and the occasional more brazen act of murder in broad daylight. Welcome parties are rival criminals, prospective members, displeased law enforcement, etcetera.
QuantumHyena

Postby Observer » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:42 am

Ford Benett wrote:Why's that? We can improvise, work around. We're flexible.

Assuming you're responding to the part of my post in which I said that I can't use anyone I've used before, here's the answer:

My mental workings have changed so much in the last 6-8 months that I have totally lost whatever grasp I had on any previous character I played. They're gone. I don't think I can get them back. In fact, roleplaying has become much harder for me, I just don't "get it" like I used to.
Observer

Postby delcera » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:46 pm

Count me in too. I'll be happy to toss whatever of my alts is most appropriate into the mix, or even all of them.
My Wellingtons are swift and merciless.
delcera

Postby Beacon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:04 pm

I'm down as well. :) I'm actually more versed to forum play than MU*, but really, it's no different than typing a pose out into a post and posting, so I think you'll do just fine. I can toss whoever is preferable.
Beacon

Postby Observer » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:20 pm

OOC note - "Your crotch can talk" is now the best line ever. Thanks Ford and Quantum. :lol:

Great, now you guys have me either wanting to join or start something.... I have ideas already.
Observer

Postby QuantumHyena » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:48 pm

*bows*

Any time, Obs.

Anyone who wants to NPC some police are welcome to jump into Fox Hunt. My brain's gotten too frazzled lately to run both sides of that encounter without short-sticking the cops. That said, they might have very short life expectancies anyway. More will probably show up though.
QuantumHyena

Postby delcera » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:30 pm

Sure, I'll do it.
My Wellingtons are swift and merciless.
delcera

Return to IC Stuff