Nuzlocke Challenge

OOC stuff goes here.

Nuzlocke Challenge

Postby Observer » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:57 am

So I'm taking it.

Starting off Pokemon Diamond, so far I have a lovely assortment of pokemon as of Route 202 - including a Bidoof, of course. What kills me is the Shinx I happened to catch on 202: Mariah.

Mariah has rivalry (raises attack if same gender, lol), she loves bitter food, and her trait is 'somewhat stubborn'. I cannot think of a better fit.
Observer

Re: Nuzlocke Challenge

Postby QuantumHyena » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:21 pm

That's hilarious. Hopefully she'll have better luck than Leo's (inspired by my Platinum Shinx-Luxray <3). That sounds like a tempting distraction to try some time although my DS isn't around for me to use. I need to settle on a version to run on an emulator, preferably not Gen1 because I've memorized that enough that I'd coast through almost regardless of team. Maybe FireRed 386?

EDIT: So do you release your starter Pokemon or does that stick with your team? Otherwise I see a lot of Fire type in my future ... unless I randomize that with a dice roll?
QuantumHyena

Postby delcera » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:36 pm

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... _Challenge

The rules are what you make them as long as the core two are in place.
My Wellingtons are swift and merciless.
delcera

Postby QuantumHyena » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:50 pm

Fair enough, though personally I prefer http://www.nuzlocke.com/challenge-comic.html

That said I've just start run with Gold. Current team: Gold (myself) and Steve the Cyndaquil.
QuantumHyena

Postby QuantumHyena » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:16 pm

And Nuzlocke Challenge attempt #1 over. Steve got poisoned by a Spinarak on the way to Mr. Pokemon so I turned around to head to the nearest Pokemon Center. Of all the Pokemon in the world, a Rattata got in my way and between it and the poison, Steve KOed.

I fail at Gold! Time for attempt #2!
QuantumHyena

Postby Beacon » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:06 pm

That was quick. XD

I may as well jump on the bandwagon myself. Gonna start a game of Emerald and see how far that lasts.
Beacon

Postby QuantumHyena » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:51 am

Two attempts down. Lv4 Hoothoot + critical hits + Rattata = More damage than Cyndaquil could handle.

I'm starting to think Blue or Fire Red would be a better place for me to start.
QuantumHyena

Postby Beacon » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:21 am

Yeah, I'd imagine Gold's difficult due to lack of safe walkways between the start and Mr. Pokemon. Are you even able to make it to the Pokemon Center? lol... Blue seems like it would be okay for you as long as you survive the rival fight, there's plenty of potions along the way.

Still alive in Emerald, made it to Petalburg fine so far with everyone in tact. Current Pokemon are Lv. 8 Riptide (Mudkip), Lv. 6 Ruffles (Poochyena), Lv. 4 Flutter (Wurmple), and Lv. 3 Romeo (Poochyena). Killed a Taillow in Petalburg Forest, sucks. >_<
Beacon

Return to OOC Stuff