Beacon's Nuzlocke Run of Doom

OOC stuff goes here.

Beacon's Nuzlocke Run of Doom

Postby Beacon » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:03 pm

Figured I'd also leave the original thread so Observer can have her thread back, lol. :3

I have begun a similar challenge of Nuzlocking (?) in Emerald, a game I have never played to completion in any of its incarnations. I'm going with basic rules and ignoring any house rules for mine, as proven so far with my major potioning and surplus of Poochyenas.

I used a +roll 3 on the MUSH to decide my starter, and thus began my journey with Riptide, a fun little Mudkip with a flair for bashing into others. The journey began with a smooth start and an easy win over May, but the war against the world has only just begun.

---

Current Location:
Petalburg Woods

Pokemon:
Riptide, Lv. 9 Male Mudkip
Ruffles, Lv. 6 Female Poochyena
Flutter, Lv. 5 Female Wurmple
Romeo, Lv. 3 Male Poochyena

Deaths:
None
Beacon

Re: Beacon's Nuzlocke Run of Doom

Postby Beacon » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:43 pm

Day Two:

I had beaten my way into the forest yesterday and also got rather beat up for it, so I decided for a little bit to backtrack to the Pokemon Center in Petalburg for a bit, grab Romeo, and talk to townsfolk to see if I find anything interesting out.

Within the Pokemon Center, I stopped to meet some fellow who asked to see my profile. But the stupid device he shoved in my face didn't have very good words. I put in "I AM GOING TO DIET". I hope he understood my impending doom.

I made my triumphant return into the forest and began to make my way through grass and eager kids with bug nets. Particularly one with four Lv. 3 Wurmples. He must've been bored of catching Lv. 3 Wurmples. I would be too. (Flutter -> Lv. 6, Romeo -> Lv. 4) I eventually run across some weirdo in a lime green suit who... then gets snuck up on by some striped fellow with a bandana... wait, he's a Devon Researcher? Papers? Team Aqua? Nerd in a lime green suit hides behind me, Bananadana walks up and tosses out a Lv. 9 Poochyena. I toss Riptide out, Rippy throws mud in the mutt's eyes and beats the poor pup to death. And the chump runs off to Rustboro and we're off after the bum!

I vault out of the forest. Some rich snob attacks me out of nowhere, is batted aside effortlessly and robbed of his $1400. (Riptide -> Lv. 10, +Water Gun) Counting his money with a cackle, I continue my butt-waggling run only for some wishy-washy chick to jump into the fray two steps later. WHY. (Flutter -> Lv. 7) But it pays off because Flutter evolves into a Silcoon. (+Harden) More butt-waggling! Two twins try to shove me off a bridge! (Flutter -> 8) I round-house kick them into the lake!

And I finally make it to Rustboro. And... for a moment, I get rather lost.

---

Pokemon:
Riptide, 10; Flutter, 8; Ruffles, 6; Romeo, 4

Dead:
None
Beacon

Return to OOC Stuff