Pokemon Misadventures - Pokemon Black Shenanigans

OOC stuff goes here.

Pokemon Misadventures - Pokemon Black Shenanigans

Postby Ford Benett » Thu May 17, 2012 8:06 pm

I finally got my hands on a copy of Pokemon Black and am loving the hell out of it. Buuuuuuuuut it's also yielding some very... interesting adventuring moments I feel compelled to share. In no particular order, I present to you exactly why Ford the Pokemon Trainer is a bad idea.

Having no sooner set foot in Nimbasa City, Ford is forced to thwart the attempts of Team Plasma to once again 'liberate' poor pokemon from their owners. Having rescued the old Day Care Man ("Why, yes, I have in fact visited your day care, thank you for pointing that out..."), Ford sees Plasma flee to the amusement park... perhaps they'll actually blend in a bit among the costumed mascots. Wasting little time, Ford tails after them in hot pursuit (after a brief visit to the Pokemon Center, only needing ten minutes to find the blasted thing after getting pulled into dressing up pokemon for a musical... though his Servine admittedly looked quite fetching in that top hat and bowtie combo).

Entering the park, Ford is confronted by an old, somewhat surprising familiar face, N. (Seriously, just 'N'? Who named this poor kid?) N takes immediate notice of Ford's dashing entry and strolls over to greet him, conveniently informing him that Team Plasma have fled further into the park. Following after N, Ford spies no sign of the knightly nimrods, and apparently neither does N. A brief search yields a dead-end and a suggestion from N; why not ride the Ferris Wheel to get a better look of the land?

Having no better alternatives to suggest, Ford follows N and rides a cart up with him, though admittedly giving him a few cautious glances at his fascination with the giant ride. About halfway up, Ford's view of the outside is interrupted by N getting uncomfortably forward all of a sudden. "...Let's start from the beginning. I am the king of Team Plasma." Ford sits in the awkward silence following this confession for a minutes, the whole knight motif for Plasma suddenly making some sense.

Still in silence, N continues with his unrequested explanation. "At Ghetsis' request, we aim to save every pokemon the world over." Ford continues sitting in silence, still trying to understand exactly what the hell was up with N's sudden gut-spilling. "How many pokemon exist in the world, I wonder...?" Finally, Ford has enough of a grasp on reality to respond. "...okay, let's go back to that first bit about being a king..."

A few moments later, back on the ground, Ford stands with... ugh, King N, as they apparently try to work out exactly where the two stand now. Up until now, N had always been some guy who showed up wherever Plasma started raising a ruckus, though his involvement was never really connected with their activities... but even as he listened to him, he got the feeling N wasn't quite up to this whole king task, like he had some agenda of his own. But thoughts were once again so rudely interrupted as the Plasma goons he'd been looking for came up, and sure enough, started addressing the green goof as 'Lord N.' N seemed uninterested in following them, instead apparently making up a ruse about challenging Ford to a battle to buy them a chance to escape, even though he made no efforts to hide that he was getting Ford in on the act as well...

One short battle later, N stands defeated and the Plasma goons are gone. N steps forward, uncomfortably close once more, and states that while he can't defeat Ford now, soon enough he will, and issues a challenge to Ford: if he wanted to stop N's plans to 'liberate' all the pokemon of the world from their trainers (still a monumentally crazy task to undertake), to collect all eight badges and head for the Pokemon League. N was taking the challenge and had every intention of becoming the champ, and that if Ford dared, to grow stronger and come stop his ambitions.

There it was again... that issue of strength. Cheren kept going on about being stronger than Ford, and looking back, he was becoming distressingly obsessed with it... now N was declaring the same. Ford had managed to put both of them down repeatedly in the past, but... could he keep it up? He wasn't even halfway through the league gyms, he didn't even have a full team. A Tirtouga, a Tranquill, a Servine and a Sandile... still two openings left. Who to recruit for them? Would they be tough enough for the challenge ahead? Would his veteran team members be able to make use of the new team mates? Would he have to reconsider who'd been working on so much and replace them, like Purrloin... Herdier... Timburr... Scraggy? Too many tangents kept popping in his mind, and by the time he'd noticed it, N was already on his way to make good on his word.

Ford noticed a gym on his right and thought he'd give it a scouting out before looking for some training spots to toughen up before the challenge... man, remember when this franchise was about traveling the world looking for all the pokemon you could find?
I don't actually do anything, I just sorta... happen.
Ford Benett

Re: Pokemon Misadventures - Pokemon Black Shenanigans

Postby Ford Benett » Fri May 18, 2012 8:22 am

Having his fifth gym badge in hand, Ford stands at the entrance of Chargestone Cave, quirking an eyebrow at the web blocking his way... interesting. Something that big impeding progress... a Galvantula. The prospects of a new teammate begin to jump around in his head, even as Clay shows up to clear the way.

Having a new path opened up and a potential new pokemon to hunt down, Ford steps inside... only to be surrounded by ninjas. What the hell?! Distressingly, they bring him along, only to find... who else, high and mighty N waiting to chat with him. Before he can even make a snappy greeting, N states that Plasma has been watching him, in part thanks to those ninjas, and have decided him to be their chosen champion. N asks if this comes as a surprise to Ford...

"...well, no sh*t! I'm not a prophetic hero, just a guy playing through the league! Yeah, I plan to become champion. Have in the past 147 lives across four generations, don't see why this one is special."

"It's because the franchise decided to actually funnel some story into this generation."

"Figures."

N continues on about how Bianca has come to understand that not everyone can get stronger, and Cheren is, as Ford feared, decidedly obsessed with becoming the best. (Like no one ever was... except for Ford, but no it's just getting tangential.) N yammers on, but really, the only thing Ford has on his mind is finding some giant spiders to add to his team. N finished with saying that Ghetsis has Plasma members waiting up ahead; a test for the mighty hero. "If they're anything like the ones you've sent at me before, this should be a cakewalk."

"Then it seems we chose our hero wisely." N walks off, while Ford is finally given freedom from the cutscene. Time to find a giant spider! Turning, a random encounter starts... with a tiny yellow spider... you know what? Close enough. The pokeballs are loosed! All 16 of them...
Ford Benett

Postby Ford Benett » Sat May 19, 2012 8:42 pm

Ford sits happily among a collection of spent pokeballs, happily hugging one close to his face, as a squeal of joy echoes around the Mistralon Cave.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA! I FINALLY HAVE AN AXEW AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Ford Benett

Postby Ford Benett » Mon May 28, 2012 10:48 am

Ford sat down for lunch on the middle of route 4, ignoring the sandstorms raging around him. Picking up his sandwich and about to take a bite, a little red head pokes up from behind a rock, squeaking a bit. Ford paused and turned about to see a Darumaka poking it's head up and eyeing his sandwich. Pinching off a piece, he throws it to the little red egg-head and goes on eating.

Finishing his food, the Darumaka eyes Ford as he stands up and gets his hear together before waving goodbye to the little pokemon and walking off. A few steps out, Ford stops and turns back to see the Darumaka standing the same distance behind him. "No, no, go away, I don't have any more."

A few more steps, he turned back to see the same egg smiling back at him. "Seriously, go away, I've got nothing else."

*10 steps later* - "Seriously, I don't have the time! Go away!"

*4 steps later* - "Get lost!"

*1 step later* - "RAAAAAAAARGH! That's it!" Ford grumpily reaches into his pack and flings the first thing he grabs at the Darumaka... a pokeball. One twitch... another... a third one... CLICK! Ford fist pumps. "Finally! Maybe that'll teach you to not stalk other people on their AW SUNNUVA--!!!"
Ford Benett

Return to OOC Stuff